Friday, March 18, 2011

Idle Thoughts

So, here I am contemplating life while eating a sandwich and watching G.I. Joe, the movie on Netflix streaming (because it is a rainy day, dontchano, and why not?).  And I thinks to myself, "Self! This whole concept is flawed in this here movie. By gummy, if someone did unleash nanobots that ate metal on the battlefield, there would be a whole lot of issues going on, besides tanks that disintegrate and buildings falling down due to jellifying of steel supports."

Issues with nanobots as portrayed:

waste material!
How is there no waste material?  Now, I am no expert on nanobot technology (obviously, an expert on nanobots probably wouldn't have a blog called Glaring of Cats), but I am pretty sure (between bites of the perfect combo of cheddar, mayo, lettuce and tomato) that once someone devours something else, there is always some sort of waste material.  This must apply to nanobots too.  Unless Cobra Command is claiming that nanobots not only devour metal, but then poop it out to make more nanobots or something? They never said so, though...sooo I am thinking no.  In which case, where does all that waste go?  Cause in our cool graphic portrayals in this movie, the stuff just sort of vanishes into a cloud of nanobots.

Nanobots look like microscopic cockroaches!
Why?  Why would scientists take the time to create tiny little insect-looking nanobots? Wouldn't that take forever to make enough to load into a bazooka and shoot at a tank?  I can imagine nanobots with flagella or something; but little wings, antennae, eyes, pincers?  That's just absurd (not to mention this whole blog post is absurd, but whatever).

Nanobots can do anything!
Within the first 20 minutes of this movie, I have seen nanobots destroy armies, cities, mind-control muscle dudes, extrude snake venom from mind-controlled muscle dudes's arm.  I look forward to seeing what else microscopic cockroaches are capable of.

"Nanobot" is not a word to be corrected!
weird.  I fully expected to see the red underline time and time again in this post, but I guess nanobot is an accepted word in the online dictionary.  This is, for some reason, highly amusing.

Knowing is Half the Battle! Go Joe! (munch munch munch...it might be time for a cuppa tea)

No comments:

Post a Comment