Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Deeeeeep Thoughts

First of all:

We released a bunch of ladybugs into the garden tonight and I still feel like they are crawling on my skin and in my hair.  They are not...but I still feel them.  Fly! Fly my pretties!!! (Cackle cackle).

Second of all:

Watching a cheesy movie from the 50's and suddenly wondering how the field grass for battle scenes in movies is so short...'cause, natural fields have long grass.  My theory is that people used to battle (shoot war movies) only on pastured land.  This can't have always been so, right?  But I suppose so in Europe it may have been the rule that any open land was being used as pasture.  I wonder if any herds of sheep or cattle ever got caught up in battle?

Third of all:

I am thinking of making mac and cheese for tomorrow night.  Being on a strict-ish budget, I will dip into the piggy bank to secure the necessary coins to purchase milk...as we ALWAYS have pounds of butter on hand and frozen peas and I don't need to worry about those.

Fourth of all:

Beet greens are just really beautiful.  The deep red veins on the dark green leaf flesh is the perfect color contrast and design...good job, chaos theory/deity/random evolution...good job on that one.

Fifth of all:

Every time the neighbor goes up her stairs, I think it's the cats puking.  So, apparently, cat puking has the same aural qualities as a lady's foot falls...We have also noticed this with women walking past on pavement, so it's not just wood.  Very confusing!  Kitties don't seem to care.

Sixth of all:

I freaking love tea.

Seventh of all:

That is all, please recommence procrastination.

1 comment:

  1. Beet greens ARE really beautiful. I think they're possibly the most beautiful of all the greens, really.

    Also-- The mac & cheese was super yummy!

    ReplyDelete