Monday, August 29, 2011

Evil Dead

Just (re?)watched Evil Dead from 1981 with Bruce Campbell in it.

I feel like I have seen the movie before, but I hardly remembered it at all and I am glad I watched it again.

It was totally gross! but hilarious at the same time.  Sam Raimi is a a B-movie genius.

Also, Bruce Campbell was sooooo frickin' young.  Amazing.

Or, maybe the movie I am remembering is Army of Darkness.  Is that the one he yells at some skeleton woman and calls her an evil bitch or something?  Is there also a chainsaw in that one?  So many horror movie chainsaws, it all runs together....like guts and mud and slime and ooze....gross.

I think that my favorite part of Evil Dead was probably the irritating/terrifying little girl cackling from the Bruce Campbell's girlfriend/zombie character.  That was really creepy....the rest was basically special effects, but that lady's giggling and big open-eyed (albeit, open dead fish eyes), over-painted face really sent home the chills and erky factor.

I look forward to dreams of nibbled fingers and gushing eye sockets and lashing branches.

Actually, I think I will rinse my mind out a bit with a couple episodes of True Blood...ha (no, seriously).

No comments:

Post a Comment